7097430430, info@sunmergeseducationalservice.co.uk

Study in

Inquire Now


Inquire Now

Visa Options for Australia

Australian VISA options and process


Student Visas for Australia

Student visa (SC 500 Visa) Student Subsequent Visa ( SC 500 Visa) Student Guardian visa (SC 590 Visa)

Skilled Visas for Australia

Skilled Temporary Visa 

Skilled Visas (PR)

Regional Visas

SC 485 Visa – Graduate Work Stream SC 189 Visa – Skilled Independent Visa SC 491 Visa – Family Stream
SC 485 Visa – Post Study Work Visa SC 190 Visa – Skilled Nominated Visa SC 491 Visa – State Nomination
SC 476 Visa – Recognised Graduate visa SC 887 Visa – Skilled Regional Visa SC 191 Visa
Global Talent Independent program (GTI)

Employer Sponsored Visas for Australia

SC 482 Visa



Medium Term TSS visa Employer Nomination – SC186 visa Regional Employer Sponsored – SC 494 visa
Short Term TSS visa SC 191 VISA
Labour Agreement for TSS visa

Business Visas for Australia

188 visa 188C visa- Business visa (Significant Investment) 188E (Entrepreneur visa)
188B visa-Business visa (Investment) 188D visa (Premium Investor) 888 Business innovation and investment (permanent) visa

Family Visas for Australia

Partner Visa

Parent Visa

Child Visa

Partner visa (onshore)
Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) Adoption visa (subclass 102)
Partner visa (offshore)
Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) Child visa (subclass 101)
Fiancé (Prospective Spouse subclass 300) Contributory Aged Parent visa- Temporary (subclass 884) Child Onshore visa (Subclass 802)
Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
Parent visa (subclass 103)
Sponsored Parent 870 visa

Relative Visas for Australia

Aged Dependent Relative Visa (subclass 114) Remaining Relative Visa (subclass 115) Aged Dependent Relative Visa (subclass 838)
Remaining Relative Visa (subclass 835) Carer visa (subclass 116 and 836) Orphan Relative visa (subclass 117)

Misc. Visas for Australia

Short Stay Activity (400 visa) Temporary Activity (408 visa) Visitor Visa – SC 600 – Tourist stream (apply in Australia)
International Relations visa (SC 403) Training visa (407 visa) Visitor Visa – SC 600 -Tourist stream (apply outside Australia)
Visitor Visa – SC 600 – Approved Destination Status stream 408 visa for COVID-19 Visitor Visa – SC 600 – Sponsored family stream
Visitor Visa – SC 600 – Frequent traveller stream Visitor Visa – SC 600 – Business visitor stream

Student and Graduate Visa

Anyone who wants to experience Australia’s high quality of education can apply for a student visa (500). The education provider and country of citizenship determine student visa requirements. Once a student completes their qualification in Australia and they meet certain study requirements they can apply for a two- or three-year Graduate Skilled Visa (485) which will give them unrestricted work rights.

Short Term Work Visa

Short-term work visas are classified as either short stay specialist visas, training visas, or temporary activity visa.

Short Stay Visas for Specialist Work – subclass 400
A specialist work visa (400) can be granted to people who have highly specialized skills that are not easily available in Australia and are required to undertake work of a highly specialised nature in Australia, which is of a short-term duration and usually to fulfil a contractual obligation in Australia required for an Australian company.

Temporary Activity Visa – Training – subclass 407
A Training Visa (407) is granted to people who seek to enhance their skills through a structured work- place training program. The applicant will usually need to have had 12 months experience in the last 24 months in the occupation they wish to be trained in. The employer needs to be approved as a temporary activity sponsor and present a relevant and detailed structured training plan which the overseas person will be trained in. The visa can be requested for any period of time up to 2 years, depending on the amount of time that training is needed.

Temporary Activity Visa – is required to be in Australia for a short period to undertake specific activities – subclass 408.
This visa is for people who require to come to Australia for short periods. There are several types of short stay activity visas such as: invited participant in an event, entertainment, performing in film or television, religious worker, domestic worker, sports trainee, elite player, coach, youth exchange and many others.

Business Visa

You have a business or investment background where you have either been involved in running your business or your investment activities in the last few years.

You now want to come live in Australia and start a new business in Australia or buy into an existing one. Alternatively, as an investor, you wish to invest in Australia such as in Australian Government Bonds or other Australian investments. As you are not yet an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may apply for a business visa. You may qualify for either a business innovation, investment visa or business talent visa.

Skilled Person Visa

If you are a skilled person who wants to live and work in Australia, you may apply for a Skilled Visa. Skilled Independent (189) and Skilled State Sponsored (190) visas are granted to skilled professionals who qualify for the General Skilled Migration Program and can score a minimum of 65 on the points test. The application involves being granted an invitation under Expression of Interest. (EOI) to lodge a Permanent Residence visa application. Skilled Provisional Visas (489) are granted for 4 years on the other hand, and can be applied for by skilled workers who want to work and live in regional parts of Australia. This provides a pathway to apply for permanent resident status after 3 years. This application involves being sponsored by a state or territory in regional Australia or by a family member living in regional Australia.

Sponsorship Visa

As an Australian business, you wish to sponsor a skilled overseas worker on a temporary or permanent basis. As an overseas skilled worker, you have an employer in Australia that would like to sponsor you to work for them. Sponsorship visas are classified as subclass 482, 186, and 187.

Partner or Parent Visa

A temporary or permanent partner visa is granted to the de facto partner, spouse or fiancé of an Australian citizen or permanent resident. A parent visa is also granted to parents of a child or children who are living in Australia to give them a chance to stay with their children permanently.

All information listed here can be changed with changing nature of regulations and policies of Department of Home Affairs of Australia. Its highly recommended to always check department’s website – www.homeaffairs.gov.au and/or visit registered migration agent for detailed and updated information

Interested in Visa Options for Australia?


“I loved Sunmerges Education, because you really become part of a family with the rest of your Aussie mates. I thought that was such a unique part of my time abroad when a lot of my friends in other programs had hundreds of students and felt little to no connection with their program. I really appreciated that everyone in sunmerges was so close and comfortable with each other.”

Tamil Selvan

Torrens University, Adelaide city centre, Australia